Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Dad today

Hello, everyone. I just wanted to let you know what's going on with Dad today. Sarah and I stayed at the hospital again last night. When I got up this morning I went in to see Carter after taking a primitive sponge bath. He was restful but not quite asleep as the nurse gave me the rundown. He had been given a dose of morphine at about 5:30am so he was still recovering from that. His output from the drain in his stomach had reduced significantlly, which is good. They are giving him about a half an ounce of pedialyte every 3 hours. Dr. Schropp had commented on giving him breast milk but no orders have been given yet.
I only have to work 4 hours today so I am home now hoping to rest a little and get a good shower in before hand.
I too, like Sarah, have been thinking about what it's like for a parent to have a sick child. To be a father looking at his son as he is suffering. Scarred and cut by people who, I know, are only trying to make him well. It's hard to look at him and say "when is enough-enough?". It's at that moment the Father gives me a tiny insight to what his love is for us. Watching His son suffer saying His son's death was enough after taking punishment for my sins. It makes it a little harder for me to be mad at God and ask "why?", when I think of what Jesus went through to make me His own. John 10:10

3 Comments:

At 12:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary, Sarah & Carter: With all that you are going through and the strenght you need , you 3 have given more of yourselves than you will ever know. You have shown us all what it truly means to believe. The path isn't easy but by sharing your faith, you are helping so many of us learn the way. My prayers and God's blessings, Love Aunt Susie

 
At 1:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Gary. Thank you to you, Carter & Sarah for showing all of us what we so easily forget...the incredible love of God & the immense sacrifice that he made for us. God Bless you!

 
At 4:29:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary, Sarah & Carter:
I feel His nudge toward this verse today; Psalm 91:2 "He is my refuge, my God, in whom I trust." Carter is so strong! Each day I am amazed at his progress. Praying it continues this way and Carter can be home soon. Blessing in Christ.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home