Monday, May 29, 2006

Are You Still There?

Sarah and I just got back from a short weekend trip. We just felt the need to get away from everything and have some time alone. It was a nice getaway and it gave us a chance to kind of catch our breaths. We have times when all we do is talk about Carter and times when we just talk and laugh about other things. It's kind of an emotional roller coaster for both of us right now.
We cannot tell you how much the tremendous outpouring of support has meant to us. Your love and generousity has touched us and motivated us to be more giving. Carter's legacy wil live on in ways we do not even know yet. Our dream is to provide a place for parent's of sick children to stay near KU Med.
Sarah's friend Monica came by tonight and brought us all kinds of good food, including lasagna (my favorite). She and Sarah are sitting on the couch reminiscing about camp days as I am writing this. Monica and her husband Casey has been a big source of support for us. Casey is very talented and made a sketch of Carter for us taken from our favorite picture of him. It is unbelievable. We have it shown below. Casey did not ask us to do this but if you are interested in more of his work, check it out at www.mckinleydesign.blogspot.com . It may be a little disturbing to those of us not so artistically minded. But he is a great person who really loves the Lord.
Love you all. (Check out this picture)

12 Comments:

At 8:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary,
Thanks for the phone call! All I can say is WOW!!! It's a great picture! You and Sarah have such wonderful friends.
Love,
Mom

 
At 6:43:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GAry and Sarah....I am glad you all got time away to reconnect with each other. I am gald to hear about wanting to persue the dream of the house thing.. I have written a storya nd would like you all to read it before I submit it and I need you all to fill out the application .. I gave my number to faith she came to see me on saturday ... keep in touch much love

 
At 7:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

SARAH AND GARY,

GOD BLESS YOU BOTH AS YOU TOGETHER FACE THE FUTURE WITHOUT YOUR PRECIOUS BABY CARTER. HE WILL LIVE FOREVER IN YOUR MEMORIES AND THE MEMORIES OF THOSE WHO HELD HIM CLOSE IN THEIR HEARTS AND PRAYERS. YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW YOUR STORY HAS SPREAD SO FAR AND HAD SUCH A PROFOUND AFFECT ON SCORES OF PEOPLE. THE FAITH THAT HELD YOU SO STRONG AND SAW YOU THOUGH THIS TRAGEDY WILL SHOW YOU THE WAY TO USE THIS TO THE GLORY OF GOD.
LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU BOTH.

WILMA

 
At 7:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary and Sarah

I have checked your blog multiple times this weekend wondering about you guys and how you were doing.

I'm glad you two had some time away it probably did you both some good.

And P.S. to your "are you still there?" We are all here and ready if you need us.


Whitney

 
At 4:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just thought that I would get on here to let you know that I am still here too and that your friend's artwork is amazing. That is something that you will be able to cherish forever... You two are amazing people and I admire your courage and strength despite all you've been through. Gary, hope to see you at work soon and both of you remember that you are loved by so many people... <3 Trisha

 
At 5:09:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I am still here, did you have any doubt??????

Love you both
!Linda

 
At 5:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is Linda Dale, forgot my last name.

 
At 7:21:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary and Sarah,
That picture was wonderful. That is the best way to remember Carter. I'm sorry I was not able to be there for you over the weekend or monday. I was shocked to hear what had happened. My sympathies are with you and your family. Carter was a very special boy and captured the hearts of many of the nurses in the NICU including mine. Those big beautiful eyes were so playful and captivating. I wanted to let you know that Carter has made his mark in our lives and hearts and will not be forgotten by me or others in the NICU.
Sincerely,
Sara, RN

 
At 9:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gary amd Sarah,
Yes, we're still here! You two
are amazing. You have such a strong faith. What a beautiful
baby Carter was. Love you both.

Friends,
Wyatt Park Christian Church

 
At 8:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the sketch is awesome, i am not an artist, but my sister and mom are/were. they said babies are very hard to do.....

 
At 4:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»

 
At 12:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home