Saturday, September 09, 2006

Weird Day

Today was a very strange day. Sarah and I had planned on going to the cemetary today as Carter would have been 6 months old today. But instead Sarah was in the hospital for a few hours. We are home now but her heart was not ticking correctly so we had to go get it fixed. Unselfishly she told me she did not want to go to the hospital but instead to visit Carter's grave. (For those that don't know, that's Sarah) But I convinced her (along with a nurses advice) to go. The whole time she didn't complain about discomfort or ask "why me?". She was calm, polite, and patient as each doctor, nurse, and technition came in to do their job. That must have been where Carter got it from. I hope someday I learn and practice these traits posessed by my two favorite people.
Happy 6 months Carter. Mom and Dad love you.

2 Comments:

At 7:32:00 AM, Blogger Monica said...

Sarah--I hope you are feeling better and everything is ok. Call me if you need anything. I love you!
Gary--What a sweet post about your wife and child. You are right about Sarah...she is one of the most unselfish and patient people I know. I'm so glad you convinced her to go to the dr. I know she can also be very stubborn when she wants to! Thanks for being a great husband to my friend and taking such good care of her.

 
At 6:43:00 AM, Blogger Trisha Vassmer said...

Well, I hope that you are doing alright now Sarah. I heard that Moriah finally got to see you the other day at Target and I was jealous! I hope that I will see you there soon... I'm sure that being calm wasn't the easiest thing to do while in the hospital, but great job! You are both amazing people and I look up to you in many ways... try and have a good day. Love, Trisha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home