Thursday, June 01, 2006

Random Thoughts

Please excuse me as I begin writing some random thoughts that have been going through my head lately.
The generousity of God's people continues to surprise and amaze me. I know I write about this alot but I want you to know how much it means to Sarah and I. Over the past few days we have opened dozens of cards from friends and family and others we've never met. Each card varies what is inside but all bear the mark of true love. I look at Carter's memorial fund and cannot believe how people so freely give.
I've been trying to think about what is was about Carter that drew people to him. Was it his beautiful face? Was it his sweet nature? Maybe it was how he was so brave. There was something mysteriously wonderful about Carter that I can't quite put my finger on. I know...I'm supposed to feel that way because I'm his dad. But others shared the same comments with me. Regardless, God used him to bring His body together in unity not often seen. I think that's real love. To come together regardless of background or race or denomination.
When I was at the visitation on Thursday night, I kept thinking about how I was so glad to see so many people I love and yet so sad why they were there. Why does something devastating have to happen for us to finally catch back up with friends and family. I think Carter taught me that getting together often with those we love is so important. I want to do it more often, just to talk and laugh about things. Not to be consoled or comforted. Don't get me wrong. That was and is much needed. I want to get together with others just because.
Carter was so wise for such a young guy. I am and believe will still learn so much from his life. Hey let's get together sometime. Just because.

2 Comments:

At 2:50:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You and Sarah are always welcome here and Candice would love some company. She came home the same day as Carter's Visitation, so we didn't make it to it. I am sure we missed a lot by not being there. I know I missed hugging both you and Sarah. Linda Pendergrass, the lady that I work with at American Family and you worked with at Target ask me about this website, so I sent it to her by email. She told me that she had lost a baby at birth, so she understands the emptiness you both are feeling. I am sure she will post you a message real soon. Carter was a amazing blessing to both you and Sarah. And he was so adorable and alert when I got to see him for a very short time at your baby shower. He was an Angel sent to earth to bring you joy for a short while. It just isn't very fair that he wasn't allowed to stay longer. He touch so many in such a short time. Partly, because you both were willing to share him with the world around you. Way to Go! We Love You Both.

 
At 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home