Thursday, November 02, 2006

New Room

We've had the door to his room closed for nearly 5 months. And, as much as I could have kept avoiding it, Gary knew it was time. He had an idea to turn Carter's room into a special place, functional yet healing. So, we got boxes. We needed eight big tubs to contain all of the stuff. Blankets, clothes, stuffed animals, and memories. We will sort through most of it later, but we kept out a few special items.
Anyway, we took out the crib, moved the changing table across the room, and added a desk. We turned his closet into a tall bookcase, and we placed some of those special things in the room to remind us of him. This is our new favorite place. It doesn't hurt now to go into this room. I feel an incredible sense of peace knowing that I'm surrounded by his things.
Here are a few pictures of the old nursery:
















And here is the room as it is today:

5 Comments:

At 8:16:00 AM, Blogger Monica said...

I'm so glad you guys were able to do that and find healing in it. It is now a beautiful room where you can remember Carter and feel close to him.

 
At 9:28:00 AM, Blogger Annetta said...

Wow! I love what you have done with the room. It remembers Carter without overwhelming. I hope this will help with your continued healing. You both continue to be an inspiration to me. Love you guys!!

Annetta

 
At 7:57:00 AM, Blogger Trisha Vassmer said...

I don't know how you guys do it, but you are some of the most amazing people I have ever met! All three of you! Moriah and I saw Gary at Target the other night and we saw the new bracelets you guys got nad they are just precious! I am glad that you could finally take off the hospital band that you wore for so long, I'm sure just to feel still connected with him in some way. You will always be in Carter's life and he will always be in yours. I love what you guys have done with the nursery and I am sure that it wasn't an easy step to take, but it's a big one that you apparently felt ready for and got through alright! We still love you guys so much and well, I hope to see you again soon! Much love, Trisha

 
At 6:16:00 PM, Blogger moriah said...

It is really great to see the room and what you all have done. My children and I really hope you all enjoy you christmas present we gave to you all tonight. It is a tradition in our family to give ornaments each year for the tree. I just felt that the one we have given to you was very fitting. As the holidays approach you know that you are all three surrounded by more love than you ever know. You are all in my thoughts daily. With much love and support.....Moriah and family

 
At 5:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

its beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home